|Principal Manish Goyal lighting the lamp on Engineer's' day.|
Entire country celebrated the Engineers’ day. September 15 is fêted every year in India as Engineers ' Day to commemorate the birth anniversary of the well-known engineer Sir M. Visvesvaraya who was born on the same day in 1860. Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya Internationally acclaimed for his brilliance in harnessing water resources. He was responsible for the successful design and construction of several river dams, bridges and implementing irrigation and drinking water schemes all over India.
He served as the Dewan of Mysore State and was considered to be the architect of the all-round development of Karnataka. Among his most successful projects are the design and construction of the K.R. Sagar dam and its adjoining Brindavan Gardens, turn-around of the Bhadravati Iron and Steel Works, setting up of the Mysore Sandalwood Oil Factory and many more such beautiful infrastructures.
|Engineering Students rewarded for their achievements.|
Scientists dream about doing great things.
Engineers do them.
Honoring the success of M. Visvesvaraya, Baba Farid College of Engineering & Technology celebrated ‘Engineers Day’ on 15th September 2014. Mr. Harpal Singh, Deputy Director (F&M) & Mr. B.D Sharma Deputy Director (Activities) BFGI had graced the occasion with their presence as distinguished guests. Er. Manish Goyal, Assistant Director (Academics), formally welcomed the Guests, along with other dignitaries and students present over there. He addressed the students and told about importance of the Engineer’s Day. Engineer’s Day is celebrated every year to commemorate the birthday of the legendary engineer Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya.
Some of the achievements of M. Visvesvaraya during his career:
· He remodelled the entire city & improved its drainage system in Hyderabad.
· He introduced block system of irrigation & water weir flood gates in Bombay.
· He was involved in building railway bridges and water schemes in and Orissa.
· He supervised the construction of Asia’s biggest dam, KRS dam in Mysore at that time.
· At the peak of his career he got several international offers to work on bigger challenges, but he took the offer of the Maharaja of Mysore, Sri Krishnaraja Wodeyar, to contribute for the development of the state.
· Mahatma Gandhi has also praised the administration of mysore general & engineering feats of Sir MV in particular.
After his retirement:
· He was involved in several national committees and bodies where he repeatedly emphasized over the importance of engineering & technology in national development.
· He was even awarded the highest civilian award Bharat Ratna for his contribution towards development of the country.
· Sir MV had dedicated his entire life towards development of the nation and he epitomized all the qualities of an ideal engineer throughout this life.
· Hence it is natural for India to honor him by celebrating his birthday as Engineers’ Day.
Dedicating this day to Sir M. Visvesvaraya and admiring his achievements students of Computer science and Engineering, BFCET, Anmol and Vanshita gave pleasing presentation on the life history of Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya. Apurva, student of Information Technology, had given speech on the theme of Engineers Day “Making Indian Engineering World Class”. On this occasion the students of BFCET performed skit which is based on the theme of “Outstanding Women Award “.
Mr. B.D. Sharma, Deputy Director (Activities), BFGI shared his views on this occasion and motivated the students to implement their ideas and knowledge to prepare innovative models to serve the society. After that, students were awarded for their achievements in Robotics, Project making and other technical activities. Balraj, Anuj, Sandeep, Sukhjinder and Bhagat raj of electronics and communication engineering were specially appreciated for bagging 1st position in Robo war in a National level Techfest held at IIT Guwhati. At last Er. Jarnail Singh, Deputy Dean(Activities) extended heartiest congratulations to the students for their achievements and presented vote of thanks to the Guests and other dignitaries for sparing their valuable time. Mr. G.S. Dhaliwal, Chairman, BFGI congratulations to the whole staff & students of BFCET on Engineer’s Day.
On this Engineers' Day in India which is celebrated in the memory of Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya, BFGI wishes every engineer of this country to be in high regard as an unsurpassed engineer in India like Mokshagundam!!